Frequency (MHz): 156.025 - 163.275, 146 - 174
O/P Power (Watt): 5 H, 3 M, 1 L
Type: VHF Marine
VHF MARINE TRANSCEIVER
Not Just Another Marine Radio!
* Intrinsically safe version approved by Factory Mutual Research Corporation
This IS version of the M88 conforms to intrinsically safe rating of the FMRC (Factory Mutual Research Corporation). It can be used in many hazardous marine environments such as petroleum tankers and bulk cargo carrier.
6 clearly labelled buttons on the front panel and the volume/power knob maximize simplicity of operation. Even when wearing gloves, the large buttons are easy to operate. A large, clear LCD with backlighting and backlit buttons make night time operation simple.
Li-Ion battery for extra long battery life
With the standard 1700mAh Li-Ion battery pack, the BP-227, you can get up to 15 hours of talk time* without worrying about 'memory effect' on batteries. An optional AA alkaline battery case, BP-226, provides a convenient back up and great reassurance in an emergency.
* Typical operation; Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty ratio = 5:5:90
Powerful 5 Watts output power
The 5 Watts of output power ensures the reliability of your communication, even over long distances. To save on battery consumption, you can reduce the output power to 3 Watts or 1 Watt.
22 free channels for land use
The IC-M88 has 22 free channels reserved for Land use (146-174MHz). Wide/narrow channel spacing is programmable for each channel, and CTCSS and DTCS signaling is built-in.
* Appropriate license will be required.
- Auto WX scan and WX Alert function (U.S.A. version only)
- Simple Up/Down switches for operating channel selection
- Instant access to Ch. 16 and Ch. 9 (or call channel)
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation
- Monitor button opens squelch
- Automatic scan function
- 2 step power saver
- Key lock function
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in 4 levels
- Beep sound is programmable for each button
- The self check function checks internal temperature, connected battery voltage (over voltage detection), and water intrusion